Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Oral Gel Supplement for Cats is a lysine supplement gel for cats. Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Oral Gel Supplement for Cats is recommended as an aid in the treatment of Feline Herpes Virus. Feline herpes virus is an upper respiratory virus of cats. It is also known as rhinotracheitis virus. It is very common among cats, especially in environments where there are multiple cats or new cats are constantly interacting. The virus is spread through the air and replicates in the upper respiratory tract.
Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Oral Gel Supplement for Cats Features and Benefits:
* Has a palatable flavor that cats will love
* L-lysine-based supplements developed specifically for cats and kittens
* Convenient delivery methods ensure cats get a full course of treatment for a better outcome
* Ease of administration minimizes additional stress on the cat or kitten
* Excellent safety profile
* Greater value for long term administration.
Administration of Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Oral Gel Supplement for Cats:
* Each 1.25 mL (1/4 teaspoon) contains approximately 250 mg of L-Lysine in a palatable base
* The suggested does for cats over 6 months of age is 1.25 mL given orally twice daily
* The suggested dose for kittens under 6 months of age is 0.65 mL (1/8 teaspoon) given orally twice daily
* Adjust dosage as recommended by your veterinarian.
***If your pet experiences an allergic reaction to the supplement, signs may include facial swelling, hives, scratching, sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs, or coma. If you observe any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.***
* Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the supplement, contact your veterinarian.
*If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give 2 doses at once.