Last Updated: July 7, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: register for an account; make a purchase; subscribe to our newsletters or other emails; fill out a form; participate in a contest, survey, or chat room; return or exchange a product; participate in any interactive features of the Services; ask questions of us or our Veterinarians; apply for a job; request customer support; contact our call center; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, information about your pet (including the pet’s name, breed, gender, age, and photo), and any other information you choose to provide. If you place an order that requires a prescription, we collect information about your Veterinarian so that we may confirm the prescription and fill your order. We may also collect information about gift recipients such as name, email address, and shipping address so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is used for purposes of sending the gift and will not be used for other purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information:We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, store your preferences, manage your shopping cart, provide more relevant advertising, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into the Services through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, email address, and other information provided in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also obtain information about you from list brokers and publicly-available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products you order, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- If you place an order that requires a prescription, to contact your Veterinarian, confirm the prescription, and fill your order.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Pet360 and others, including our affiliated companies, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver surveys, contest entries, and rewards; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Pet360 is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties for their own marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by following the opt-out instructions under “Your California Privacy Rights,” below];
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Pet360 or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among the Pet360 web properties and the Pet360 parent, sister, subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Finally, note that any content posted in public chatrooms or question and answer forums, such as the Ask PetMD service, may be read, collected, and used by others, and Pet360 is not responsible for that activity. For example, search engines may index your questions, answers, and other posts to allow them to appear in search engine results. We recommend that you not include your real name or any personally identifying information in your questions, answers, and other posts.
Social Sharing Features and Surveys
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take or articles you enjoy on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. To opt out, please click here.
Pet360 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies and Locally Stored Objects
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and certain locally stored objects, like Web storage, by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies and some locally stored objects. However, these browser settings will not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable Flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies or locally stored objects, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" signals.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Pet360 by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of promotional emails and postal mailings by clicking here to unsubscribe. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, orders, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
2260 Butler Pike
Plymouth Meeting PA , 19462
or email us at [email protected]